Sunday, May 3, 2015

Intro

There comes a time in every some bloggers' lives when they have to face that they spend an inordinate amount of time on some obsession. George RR Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire series and HBO's Game of Thrones television series have taken this space for me. A space previously only attended by Harry Potter. But I can obsess with the best of them. I find myself watching YouTube videos and reading fan theories and chatting and discussing and I decided I needed a home for some of my own theories. Since I am totally awkward in real time, the video option was OUT, though I will share links to some of the videos I find most enjoyable because there are a number of good ones out there.

For a brief "on me" bit, I am a social scientist and writer. My main writing blog is Confessions of a Watery Tart, Watery Tart is adopted from Monty Python, so like Melissandre, I am distributin' swords, but unlike Mel, I am lying in a pond to do it...

This blog will include show reviews, show theories, book theories, contrast between book and show... all the good stuff. As a rule, I am going to have some spoiler and some spoiler-free posts, but if there are spoilers, I will give a nice big warning at the top.

So you know where I am coming from, I love the show. I love the books MORE but I am not a book purist. Many of the shortcuts the show has made are totally understandable. Some annoy me and some are actually very awesome.

I don't ask that people agree with me on stuff, but I do prefer conversations stay civil and I will enforce that in comments.

While I'd love to go back to the beginning and do this in an orderly way, there is way too much back material to think that is reasonable, so I am just going to start where we are. I will do a review in the next day or two for tonight's episode as my (probably) first content blog, though I may fit in a theory as to where the show is going first depending on time. I will try to use tags that make this nicely searchable.

No comments:

Post a Comment