Sunday, May 3, 2015

Brienne Show Prediction

Spoiler free if you are caught up on the SHOW.

This territory is pretty safe as spoilers go since the show has diverged so much from the books. Last week we saw Brienne reiterate her intention to kill Stannis and I've seen some frenzied debate on whether she will, or whether Stannis will kill HER.

I think we have another thing coming.

Brienne, in addition to wanting to avenge Renly by killing Stannis also swore an oath to protect the Stark girls. Sansa is currently poised to be in a very dangerous situation. Without getting into my Sansa predictions much (which I have, but I will post separately) I predict there will be a time Sansa needs to flee Winterfell. Brienne will know Stannis is near (he has said he is marching south) and that he is the most likely person able to keep Sansa safe from the Boltons, so she will have to choose. Save Sansa and give up her commitment to kill Stannis, at least for now, or kill Stannis but leave Sansa in danger. I think we all know how that decision will go.

No comments:

Post a Comment